An excellent badminton shoe can help you a lot in sports. In this article, we will list the best badminton shoes available in the market.
Badminton seems like an easy sport, only 2 or 4 players are needed, Badminton rackets, shuttlecock and a net. The rules are simple and are played on a compact track. However, as professional players know well, badminton is anything but simple.
In this sport, the position on the track, the speed, the agility and the tactical sense are crucial. The style of play varies depending on the player. On the one hand, there are the attacking players who have a good jump and execute quick and acrobatic net hits.
On the other hand, some players perform a more in-depth and calculated game, and they run well-measured balloons and blows from the back of the court (clears) to force the mistakes of their opponents. Sporty Review has Five different types of badminton shoes to meet the needs of each player.
Our #12 Picks For Best Badminton Shoes
- LI-NING Men Saga Lightweight Badminton Shoes
- Power Cushion Aerus 3 Men’s Shoes
- Adidas Performance Men’s Samba Classic Indoor Soccer Shoe
- Yonex SHB 47 EX Indoor Court Sports Shoes
- Yonex Aerus 3 LX Ladies Badminton Shoes
- Jazba GECKOR 1.0 Badminton Indoor Court Shoes
- Men’s Badminton Training Sneakers
- LI-NING Sonic Boom Series Professional Badminton Shoes
- Mishansha Men’s Court Squash Badminton Shoes
- Babolat Shadow 2 Women’s Badminton Sneakers/Shoes
- Babolat Shadow Spirit Badminton Shoes
- Yonex Power Cushion 65 Wide Badminton Shoes
LI-NING Men Saga Lightweight Badminton Shoes
- Guaranteed Authentic Product
- Multiflex sole
- They manufacture it from synthetic leather.
- It is abrasion-resistant.
- Slightly heavy.
- Non-flexible with colors
Power Cushion Aerus 3 Men’s Shoes
- It provides you the smooth and quick footwork.
- It Increases stability and reduces weight within the shoe.
- It reduces waste of energy through an improved fit.
- It gives 25% more shock absorption and 12% more repulsion as compared with conventional power cushion.
- It delivers improved support at the mid-foot and heel for a fixed fit.
- It has a breathing problem
Adidas Performance Men’s Samba Classic Indoor Soccer Shoe
- They are available in various colors in the marketplace.
- They are Flexible and Fit.
- It provides you excellent grip.
- They are perfect for indoor games.
- The arch support feature in the insole is too high
Yonex SHB 47 EX Indoor Court Sports Shoes
- Comprises power cushion.
- Flexible with colors.
- The round sole provides you with quick and smooth footwork.
- Also recommended for other indoor games.
- EgroShape provides comfort and stability.
- The feature Hexagrip makes it 20% lighter than the normal and delivers 3% more grip than the typical sole material.
- It has ventilation problems
YONEX Aerus 3 LX Ladies Badminton Shoes
- It provides you with quick and smooth footwork.
- Comprises Syncro-fit insole for improved fit.
- It contains a 3-D power carbon for durability.
- Advanced power cushion for agile movement.
- Bit expensive
Jazba GECKOR 1.0 Badminton Racquetball Squash Volleyball Indoor Court Shoes
- Delivers excellent grip & control.
- Suitable for almost all indoor games.
- Provide you with the airflow path.
- Encourage you for light and fast footwork.
- Not as durable as other products
Men’s Tennis Shoes Court Badminton Squash Training Running Sneakers
- Highly comfortable
- It provides you the breathability and stability in the forefoot
- Highly recommendable for other indoor games.
- It is not soft enough inside
LI-NING Sonic Boom Series Professional Badminton Shoes
- It provides you the breathability.
- It is available in five colors.
- Supported by ProBarLOC technology that supports an arch of the foot in every step.
- It gives you a guaranty.
- The grip is not so firm
Mishansha Men’s Court Squash Badminton Tennis Shoes
- Highly recommended for many indoor games.
- It provides you flexibility with design.
- Comprises rubber sole, which provides you with quick and smooth footwork.
- Available in many colors and many sizes.
- Not highly durable
Babolat Shadow 2 Women’s Badminton Sneakers/Shoes
- It is quick and provides smooth footwork.
- It supports your heel to toe.
- It is excellent in air ventilation.
- Cushion issue.
Babolat Shadow Spirit Badminton Shoes Blue/neon
- It is especially highly recommendable indoor games.
- It is durable and comfortable to wear.
- Recommended for advanced players.
- Size problem
Yonex Power Cushion 65 Wide Badminton Shoes
- It comprises around the sole, which provides quick and smooth footwork.
- It has a Syncro-fit insole, which creates safe contact between the foot and the shoe.
- The middle portion of the foot has power graphite, light material inside.
- It has a 3-D power carbon, which gives you extra strength.
- Ventilation Problem.
Why Should You Choose Best Badminton Shoes?
STABILITY IN THE BACK OF THE TRACK
If your game consists of running a series of clears and balloons well calculated from the bottom line, your best badminton shoes must have the following characteristics:
- Stability and support for a greater sense of protection during rotation and sprinting.
- To protect the foot during the phases of landing and takeoff.
- Tight fit to ensure your comfort throughout the game.
AGILITY ON THE NETWORK
If you are an attacking player who uses your athletic skills to adopt winning positions and execute shots near the net, your shoes must have the following characteristics:
- Low profile and excellent response capacity to facilitate your speed and agility.
- Optimal traction to ensure a good grip on the track and facilitate sudden changes in direction.
- The full pivot point in the sole to ensure greater efficiency and aggressiveness of rotation.
- Tight fit to ensure that all your strength is reflected on the track.
What to know before buying the best badminton shoes
Comfort is the main element in which brands work. It is the first sensation you will have when you try on footwear in a store. So it is essential to feel comfortable inside from the moment of the test. What are the elements that bring comfort to a shoe? Three elements come into play in this criterion: the cane and its materials, the sole and the tongue.
- The cane (which surrounds the foot): for more comfort, use a mesh shoe (ventilated and lightweight fabric) with a foam adaptable to the shape at the height of the malleolus.
- The sole: the inner sole (or insole) must be thick enough and adapt to the shape of your heel. This sole must be of high quality to ensure maximum comfort. Do not hesitate to take it out of the shoe at the time of the test to check its condition.
- The tongue: choose a tongue with a dense and sweet foam that will hold your foot gently.
By judging through these three criteria, you will have an idea of the comfort of the shoe. Also, trust your feelings at the time of the test!
The second important element, the cushioning! Yes, when he plays his heels, they hit the ground hard. Your shoes must be equipped with excellent cushioning, to prevent injuries and ensure optimal safety. What are the elements that provide superior cushioning? There are also three criteria:
- the midsole: choose a sole in EVA foam, which favors cushioning and comfort.
- The template: composed of PU (plastic component) and EVA (foam) for a better combination of durability and lightness.
- The concepts: there are numerous concepts that optimize the cushioning of a shoe, such as the DiaPad 3 concept (injected in the heel for a more critical and lasting cushioning) or even the In’Up, which favors the dynamism of the suede.
Given these elements, you can find a shoe with excellent cushioning and specially adapted to your practice.
The abrasion resistance
In short, a shoe that lasts and resists will be an additional asset in its performance on the track. Here are some elements to take into account to check the resistance of a shoe. The following items are all on the outside of the shoe:
- The cane: choose a rod that has areas of PU reinforcement (dense plastic compound), at the height of the suede and the toe. In fact, in tennis, friction always takes place in these areas, especially in service and in the race.
- The outsole: it must consist of several parts, including reinforced areas at the height of the war zones. Always composed of rubber, there are several qualities.
How to choose the best badminton shoes?
Always choose the best badminton shoes!
One of the most critical decisions a badminton player can make is to choose the best badminton shoes to practice this sport. It is essential to take this into consideration as they tend to run a lot, jump or change direction quickly and without slipping, so they must choose a type of footwear that allows them to do all this without any inconvenience and also receive the substantial impacts that have each time the players fall to the ground, since it is their joints that receive the pressure of the body.
If you like badminton, you must take specific considerations on how to choose the best badminton shoes, thus ensuring the health of your feet and your future as an amateur or professional, to avoid injuries to your feet and ankles that could interfere with your passion, sports and make you stop playing.
Keep this in mind, one of the first things that you should do is go to have your foot measured and take all the necessary measures, this should be done in a specialized store where they sell sporting goods and provide services like these. In this way, you can know what size is best for you and determine if you need a wide or narrow model.
Take all necessary precautions
When you already know what your size and width of your feet, it is good to have in mind what your style of play and then takes these features when choosing your basketball shoes, put an example, some players are very agile. Speed is something that characterizes, in these cases, should use versatile, light footwear, with unique cushions, flexibility and moderate support.
On the other hand, the shock basketball players need a slightly heavier type of shoe that gives them more stability and more cushioning. In this way, they will fulfill their objectives and will make their performance improve a lot.
Recall that basketball is a sport where there may be certain risks, you can suffer sprained feet, as well as, in very extreme cases, breaks can be broken in case of a fall or a wrong move, then, when looking for a specialized footwear for this sport, you should look carefully at the cut you have so you have more protection and do not suffer the consequences, such as foot pain, due to a wrong choice.
Many professional and experienced players choose boot models because they offer more significant support to the ankle, while other people prefer those of average height to the ankle since it allows them greater freedom in movements. It is up to you to choose the type that suits you best, if you prefer, consult a qualified expert, you can even be a doctor, to give you specific recommendations, especially if you suffer from any condition in your feet, heels or ankles.
The footwear should always be adapted to your needs, which brings us to our next point: the soles.
Appearance is less important than the safety
Do you know how to choose the best shoes for badminton? We believe that not yet since these tips do not end, however. As we said, you must pay attention to the soles, the surface of this should be rubber, as well as having a distinctive pattern that offers grip and excellent traction to the ground, thus avoiding unwanted slips and allow you to have mobility more controlled.
Some shoes are made especially for outdoor play, so their soles tend to be heavier, so this is a key point that you should consider: the place where you usually play.
Choosing a striking model is essential because if you like them, you can enjoy them. However, this point is only aesthetic, since the real importance lies in the functionality and how they can take care of the health of your feet, therefore.
If you go to a store to try on the shoes, chose the best badminton shoes, check the fit as well as the length, press with your thumb just between the big toe of your foot and the end of the shoe, there should be a small space there, the size of a nail of your hand. In how much width, you should feel that it offers comfort and that is not too loose or tight. If possible, you can run a bit with them and thus ensure that the heel does not slip from the back of the shoe.
To Play Badminton You must have a good Badminton Racket. You can check the Best Badminton Rackets from here!!